Let your light shine in front of people. Then they will see the good that you do and praise your Father in heaven.
St. John's Light 5:16 Ministry has been in existence since 2013. The team made up of members of the congregation who seek out opportunities to help the local communities on behalf of St. John’s. The team is guided by our Father in heaven, our Pastor, and their vision based on Matthew 5:16 (see above).
The team meets monthly, after Sunday service. Many monthly meetings include a pot luck lunch. Everyone in the congregation is welcome to join the team or just attend any of the meetings or help at events.
St. John’s Light 5:16 ministries have included the following:
- BABY NEEDS BANK has been in existence since May 2014. It helps local families by providing them with various baby items (diapers, formula, baby food, wipes, baby lotion/wash, clothing, larger equipment, etc.). Most of the clients are referred by Love INC (Love in the Name of Christ) who identifies and qualifies the need. The team strives to be welcoming and form relationships in addition to providing for physical needs. Conversations end with prayer and praise to our Father in heaven.
-LINC HOUSE - participated with Love INC and other local churches in renovating a house for a family in need.
- PERSONAL CARE ITEMS & LOVE INC COIN BOX COLLECTIONS - the Congregation donated personal care items for use at other area church's outreach (through Love INC) and filled coin boxes for a donation to Love INC.
- CLOTHE-A-KID FOR SCHOOL PROGRAM - donated money to this program that is coordinated by Love INC and in which local churches participate. The donation enabled a local church to purchase clothing for additional children. The entire program has served thousands of Lorain County children.
- CORNERSTONE WALK-FOR-LIFE St. John’s opened its doors and supported the Cornerstone Walk-For-Life fundraiser.
- LIFE LINE SCREENING St. John’s hosted the community Life Line Screening in its gymnasium. Light 5:16 offered to screening participants free water, healthy snacks, prayer requests, invitations to worship and friendly conversation.
- ST. JOE'S HOMELESS SHELTER - purchased paper product/coffee supplies and men’s winter boots for in Lorain.
- PRIMARY PURPOSE - donated various food items to this men's sober recovery center for drug and alcohol abuse.
We are able to raise funds for St. John’s outreach ministry through our Semi-Annual Craft and Gift Sales, room rentals, and generous donations from members of our Congregation and other donations.